Thursday, September 27, 2007

Garbage

My cousin sent me an e-mail entitled “The Garbage Truck”.

I’m going to insert an extract of it here:

“Many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full
of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage
piles up, they need a place to dump it. And if you let them, they'll dump
it on you. When someone wants to dump on you, don't take it personal. You
just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. You'll be happy you did. I
guarantee it.

So this was it: The "Law of the Garbage Truck." I started thinking, how
often do I let Garbage Trucks run right over me? And how often do I take
their garbage and spread it to other people: at work, at home, on the
streets? It was that day I said, "I'm not going to do it anymore."

I began to see garbage trucks. Like in the movie "The Sixth Sense," the
little boy said, "I see Dead People." Well now "I see Garbage Trucks." I
see the load they're carrying. I see them coming to drop it off. And like
my Taxi Driver, I don't make it a personal thing; I just smile, wave, wish
them well, and I move on.”

No comments: