Why do some people just never catch the breaks?
There is someone in our office who got married (an emotional time) then the day after she came back from honeymoon she found out her gran was desperately ill and then passed away a day or two later. She then got really sick and was off work for a couple of weeks. She is now back at work, not 100% well, still suffering from vertigo and she heard yesterday that her cousin was in a serious car accident and they weren't sure if she would make it. A little later she heard her cousin had passed away.
Other people go from one financial letdown to another. Expectations are stamped on, things that they have saved for and looked forward to are now no longer an option. Is their life not difficult enough already?
Why?
I guess the "book" answers would be that the death of someone old and young are a reminder that the Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Each of our lives is in His hands. Each breath we take is from him. I guess it also makes you think about your own life and if you are ready to die. Where are you going when you pass from this world? How sure are you?
Heaven is a place of perfection, therefore only perfect people can be there (otherwise it won't be perfect anymore). So how are you going to get there if you aren't perfect?
The Bible has the answer that we cannot do it in our own strength. We need to admit that we do sin and aren't perfect. We then need to ask God's forgiveness for our sin and not being perfect. Due to Jesus (who was perfect) dying on the cross, he took the punishment that we should have had (death) and therefore there is now a way that we can get to heaven and an eternal life with God. We need to believe and accept this and ask God to be Lord of our life.
This should not be a scary concept because God is perfect, therefore if a perfect "person" is Lord of your life, you can be assured that you are in the very best of hands.
The "why" to the other question/problem:
I don't know the answer, but 'the Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord'. I know that I would be angry, but I guess it is a reminder that: many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's will that prevails. Not easy. I was furious in a similar circumstance yesterday, but the Lord knows what we can handle and he doesn't give us more than we can handle. He is perfect.
I guess at times like this we need to ask the Holy Spirit to work in our hearts and minds and lives and in the lives of those around us.
Eish.... life's lessons are hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment