Friday, September 14, 2007

Flat News

Well, I think my flat has seen it all this week – The first time I slept at my flat there was a beautiful sunrise in the morning. Subsequent to that I have been greeted with a howling wind and today pouring rain. Last night there was no electricity for a period of time.

I went to my parents place last night for dinner and my grandparents phoned to say that there was no electricity and I should stay there if possible because there was no point in going to my place. I didn’t really think that it would be much fun lugging a laptop bag and other paraphernalia up to the 6th floor, while wearing high heel shoes that need to be replaced. So I took this opportunity to spend the evening with my boyfriend and then once the electricity came back I proceeded back to the flat.

I arrived back at the same time as another flat dweller. He waited to let me in through the security gate and then we both dubiously entered the lift. It would have been “fun” if the electricity went off again while I was in the lift… The lift lights were off but it was working so we pressed our respective floor numbers and both safely arrived.

I’m quite fond of my flat now… It seems like home from home…

No comments: