Sunday, September 23, 2007

Faith and laughter

Andrew and I joined my aunt and uncle in visiting my cousin and her family who were up on holiday from Cape Town. I really enjoyed the morning, it was filled with much laughter and catching up. Afterwards Andrew and I decided to stop off for lunch on our way home and my aunt and uncle followed us and ended up taking us out for lunch. Church in the evening was also good as I was reminded of the big picture.

The husband of my friend who was murdered, had put a note in the church bulletin thanking everyone for their support and saying that his focus is to make sure him and his little son make it to heaven, feuds have been resolved and people are focusing on what is important. It is so good that much good has come from something so bad.

The sermon was also around faith. The Israelites had experienced SO MANY miracles over a short space of time, yet they still struggled to have faith that God would help them. I don’t want to be like that. I want to have faith. What God has done in the past he can do now. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Everything WILL BE OKAY IN THE END. I have to remind myself of that, so that when I’m stressing over decisions that I make, I remember the big picture.

No comments: