Monday, September 3, 2007

Another Day...

Today was another day where I have had to do something difficult. You can't say that I don't learn management techniques at work.

I had to give negative feedback to someone. I'm not entirely sure how successful I was though. I started off with the positive, then told them where they were not tracking and what they should have done and told them that they can't just 'tick and bash' and that they have to think about what they are doing.

I just hope the message got across clearly... I still have so much to learn on the management side of things... Although I said what I wanted to say, I'm not sure they realised the importance/severity of what I was saying. *sigh* I don't want to have to have the discussion again in a few days time.

Edit:
Well, turns out I was effective in my communication!!! Now I just need to see if the person is able to do what is required.

No comments: