I moved for the first time in my life over the weekend. I moved out of the home I have known for 27 years and into a flat.
It was rather stressful but also a lot of fun. My boyfriend and parents were a great help and support. I remember when my parents left the flat and my boyfriend and I were there by ourselves, it felt a bit strange - I guess it felt almost as if we were a married couple. And no, he is not moving in with me or staying with me or anything else - so many people when they heard that I was moving out into a flat automatically assumed that my boyfriend and I were moving in together. We soon put them right on that.
Yesterday I woke up to my first beautiful sunrise over the sea, observed from my balcony. Today I work up to my first windy day, where I had to jamb a doorstop into the side of the door so it would stop rattling in the wind.
There are a lot of "firsts" that have happened with regard to the flat. Having furniture delivered, first grocery shop, sorting out a Telkom line, electricity etc. My boyfriend has been amazing in the way he has helped. He took Monday off from work to help out - no easy task as we were hectically busy the whole of Monday. Then he came and helped me sort out more stuff last night.
I finally feel a bit happier that all the boxes are unpacked and everything is put away. There are little things I would like to change and stuff will have to move around etc but I feel it is totally livable now.
It was weird waking up the first morning to silence. No one around. I felt a little sorry for myself then. And then I also thought that seeing as I was going to my parents place for supper and needed to clean my flat as well, I wouldn't be able to see my boyfriend - but he ended up helping me clean and put handles on the cabinet etc.
I think I'm going to have to change the way I think a little, and then it should be a wonderful experience.
I'm hoping to cook tonight and invite my boyfriend over for dinner :)
(PS. the last time I cooked for him, I made a dessert out of one of those boxes where you can't go wrong - well, I got it wrong!!! It wasn't really edible... )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment