Today is one of those days where I have had to do things which were difficult. ie. Give difficult feedback to people and instill some discipline. I feel quite positive about it because I have been fair in the way that I have dealt with it and I think I have been objective.
I wish it wasn't necessary but I think at least the next time it will be a little easier.
I must say that it is easier managing people by relationships rather than by position. By this, I mean that if I have negative feedback to give someone who I have a good relationship with, I can verbally feedback in passing and it will be noted and acted upon. But when you are managing by position the person could see you as "the enemy" and want to fight against "the enemy". And they also doubt whether you have their best interests at heart.
But all in all, I think managing people today has been okay.
Thursday, February 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment