Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Arcade

I have never enjoyed the arcade. I've always found it to be dingey with lots of people around, playing violent games which cost lots of money. I've always ended up feeling bored watching people shoot people on a screen for hours on end, spending money and spending more money. When I was a student I couldn't usually afford this anyway as we would normally end up going to the arcade after being to the movies. Movies and chocolate were in my budget, not arcade games.

Well, my perception changed a bit this weekend. I have found that there are some non-violent, fun games, which I can actually play. I'm not very good, but I had fun anyway and improved with time. The arcade is still dingey but when you playing your game you are so engrossed in it that you aren't really aware of your surroundings anyway.

It was nice to have a bit of fun and drive my "car" really fast and not worry whether I crashed into something. I enjoyed racing against my boyfriend as I didn't feel that he had any unattainable expectations of how I would do.

No comments: