We sang one of my Gran's favourite songs in church today. I'll probably get some of the words wrong but here goes (the chorus part):
"Because he lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because he lives, all fear is gone,
Because I know, I know, he holds the future
and life is worth the living just because he lives..."
Sometimes life is really difficult and seems very unfair. My gran has just had an eye operation which we are hoping is going to enable her to see better, otherwise she has basically just lost her eye-sight. She loves doing things with her hands: sewing, knitting, baking, showing hospitality, going out, visiting people. Her life will be very different if the operation is not a success. At the moment it is however a success and we praise God for that.
Someone else also close to me suffers on a daily basis and it has a huge impact on his life as well as an impact on my life.
But during all these times it is good to know that God does hold the future. He knows us, he created us, he knows what we can handle and he knows the future. God and Jesus loved us so much that Jesus died a painful death on the cross for us, so that we can appear before God without sin, blameless if we accept his gift of death (and resurrection) so our sins can be forgiven. This same God is the one who holds the future.
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment