Saturday, March 10, 2007

City Girl

I am most definitely a city girl. Although I like to spend a weekend or week in the bush, at the end of the day I like to come back to the city. Here is one of the reasons:

In the city...
The other day I needed to take a shower, but there was a gecko on the curtain that is by the window next to the shower. I couldn't possibly shower without removing the gecko, because he probably would have ended up on the floor of the shower with me and I would have had to run out the bathroom halfway through my shower.

So I called my mom to assist me and she said it would be easy for me to get the gecko out - just push him off the curtain and out the window. I told her I thought it would be best if she demonstrated this technique to me.

We both crept into the bathroom and..... couldn't find the gecko. So my mom leaned over to reach out and move the curtain and as she did so, I poked her in the ribs >:)

So she jumped in fright, the gecko fell off the curtain, she screamed, I screamed and we both ran out the bathroom. My dad carried on doing his work as if nothing was happening.

After some persuasion, my dad rescued us from the gecko.

Now, the equivalent scenario when you are in the bush like my brother and sister-in-law is this:

You go to bed at night and then realise there is a BIG HAIRY SPIDER in your tent. The BIG HAIRY SPIDER has feelers that are 2 - 3cm long. Quite clearly you can't go to sleep with this in your tent so you attempt to remove it by putting it into a glass jar, but the BIG HAIRY SPIDER knows you are coming close, because it has 2-3 cm long feelers. And while you are trying to remove the BIG HAIRY SPIDER, unbeknown to you, a MOUSE is eating your brand new flip-flops that you got for your birthday. And when you eventually get to sleep, a RAT makes its way to your car and starts nibbling on the wiring...

Definitely a city girl...

1 comment:

Joss said...

You had me laughing hard at this one :) I know what you mean about BIG HAIRY SPIDERS, although I do love camping.
- Joss