I am looking back at the day today and there is one word that describes how I feel - "contented"
I put in a day of pretty solid work, work that I feel adds value. I used my brain and analysed and I was able to do the work. And the bonus is that I work with a bunch of lovely people.
I look around me at what some people are doing with regard to their finances. They are over-extending themselves needlessly and getting into huge debt because they have extremely high standards for themselves. It's crazy.
I see other people who have been given houses by their parents, who are driving huge 4x4's which they have not earned for themselves. People who are "playing" at work. And I am content.
Although I do hope/expect to go into debt in the future when I eventually buy a place to live, I will hopefully resist the temptation to buy a place that will stretch me beyond my means.
Content...... is that a dangerous feeling or a good thing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment