We had another crazy storm last night. The lightning was constant and all around us, so you could actually do whatever you wanted to do without turning on the lights.
The rain could only be described as a waterfall. It was absolutely soaking and the wind was hectic, made you almost feel that you were in the middle of a cyclone or something. It was a true display of Gods power and might.
This morning we woke up to see devastation all around us. It looked like an elephant sat down on the plants in our garden - the flowers definitely didn't make it. Branches were everywhere and as I drove down the roads whichever road I took there was very clear evidence of damage.
One of the buildings near where I work lost it's roof, two schools were closed for the day as there were trees blocking the way, some people had to get chain saws out in order to get to work and some people didn't even make it to work because trees were blocking the road. Many houses lost their electricity.
I was very grateful that I had the protection of a house around me last night and no serious damage was done. God is gracious.
Friday, March 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment