Last night I had a dream that I remembered. I dreamt that I got married.
Now before you all get excited and think it is "a sign" let me say - it is not.
I am going to use different names to the ones that they really are. There are 4 characters in this story. Me, Mr A (my boyfriend in real life), Mr X and Mr Y.
I dreamt that I married Mr X. It was a bit weird, because I didn't dream of the marriage ceremony itself but I knew I had JUST got married. We were sitting on a ledge over the ocean, after having been dropped off there by helicopter after the ceremony. I felt kind of okay with this but not very excited. But then I realised that although I was married, I didn't have a ring. And worse horrors, I hadn't given Mr X a ring either. At the back of my mind I thought, I wonder when I can go visit Mr A? And then I realised, that if I'm married I can't visit Mr A. Anyway Mr X and I decided to go ring shopping and grocery shopping (go figure!).
So we went shopping, but when we came to pay for the groceries, we got split up so I waiting for him outside. He finished up and came to meet me but didn't have the groceries with him, he wanted me to help carry them. But by this time Mr X had turned into Mr Y. This totally freaked me out and I wanted to annul the marriage, but realised I couldn't, because promises were made before God. I didn't understand why my family allowed me to marry a person who was not a Christian and how come I married someone other than Mr A - luckily then I woke up and realised that I wasn't married and the nightmare was over.
Now what I find amazing is what our brain does with the info it captures during the day. During the day, my manager had been chatting to Mr X, because he works with her husband. Also when I got home my mom was telling me about Mr Y's brother, which made me wonder how Mr Y himself was doing, and more especially how his marriage was doing. My brain during the night put this all together, but knew something was wrong that Mr A was not involved and turned it into a nightmare.
Brains are totally amazing complex things...
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment