After many tears being shed and confusion over why my boyfriend and I broke up, the sun came out and we are back together.
Although I would never ever want to repeat the heartache, tears and all the feelings that come with a breakup, I think there was good that came from it. The challenge is now going to be that the “learnings” don’t just remain theoretical but are put into practice.
I think for both of us, we had a renewed appreciation for what our single friends face, not being part of a couple.
Also, there were some things that we should have been doing, which had just fallen by the wayside eg. Exercising, meeting together for prayer, using our “personal” time properly etc. which we are wanting to do again.
Being back together is pretty amazing for me. It is like I’m in a new relationship - in the sense that I don’t take a lot of things for granted anymore, but at the same time because we have been together for over 2 years we know each other fairly well and it isn’t starting from scratch – get the benefits of both worlds.
It is amazing how much better your day is for just knowing that someone is an sms or phonecall away. The problems of the day seem halved just for having someone there to share them with and who cares. They can't take the problems away, but they help give you the strength to face them.
I thank God for providing someone like this in my life.
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad that we are together again as well :)
Post a Comment