I've just taken some time out to try and organise my life as much as possible for the next couple of weeks - although God has His own plans and His win. Things are just so crazily busy that it just feels like there are just not enough hours in a day. The more I try to organise, the worse it is.
Let's look at June for example:
Church brunch
Combined Church service
A baby shower
A trip to Hluhluwe
Tenpin bowling with the guys from work
A ladies meeting
and then birthdays - my brother, grandpa and boyfriends mom - and then also my uncle, cousin and four friends
Bible studies
I also need to do some work travelling.
Now, I'm not complaining that I'm doing these things, they are things I'll look forward to, it is just the fact that I don't really have much time left over for -inviting friends over (haven't done that in ages), doing a Quiet Time, going to gym, doing any assignments.
This means that my life has to be totally structured in order to get things done that I want to do. It means I have to put in my diary when I'm going to do a Quiet Time otherwise it won't happen. It pretty much means that no assignments will be done, which means I'll feel guilty and wonder if I should drop out as it seems pointless to continue.
I was wanting to start up ballroom dancing classes again, but there is just so much happening that I can't see how I can commit to one evening a week to do this.
"many are the plans in a man's heart but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
I wonder what I'll really do in the month ahead? I'm going to try and micro-organise my activities but at the end of the day, the next breath I take is not even in my hands. It is all up to God.
It does freak me out a little when I look at everything and just can't see a logical way of getting everything done, but at the end of the day they are activities so I need to focus more on the important things - the Quiet Time is probably supposed to be the top of the important list so I'm going to see if at the end of June my activities reflect this.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Big hugs! And good luck with all the stuff you have to do. It's difficult when there are too many nice after-work things on one's plate that the nice things get stressfull!!
Post a Comment