Thursday, May 15, 2008

Less stress and longer days

Our year end stress is over now and finally we hit a gap where we can start focusing on all the other tasks that we wanted to do but just didn’t have time to do.

At the moment I’m involved in an automation project which is really interesting as it is stretching me and keeping me on a learning curve. There is also our planning for our performance management process for the year ahead – also interesting because I have to help those in positions below me with theirs but it is brand new to me. To do this properly a lot of time needs to be invested. It is well worth it in the end though as your performance is rewarded (or not – if you don’t perform!)

The “problem” with less stress now is that the day doesn’t fly by as fast as it did when we were totally stressed out. Maybe that is a good thing otherwise life would fly by me.

I’ve been out every night so far this week. Monday night was a meeting regarding a new centre the church is starting up, Tuesday I visited a friend with a baby and a little girl, last night was a church QGM and tonight is Bible Study. Needless to say, I’ve not managed to get to gym at 5am in the mornings!

No comments: