Monday, May 19, 2008

Today...

Today I managed to wake up early and go to gym. I certainly feel a lot better for having gone, and now having enjoyed my nice warm shower. Today I'm scheduled to go to training at the Royal Hotel.

I have mixed feelings on this. I'm always a little nervous finding a venue by myself and arriving there by myself, not knowing if I'll be able to find people I know etc. But I guess I'll be doing more and more of this going forward so I'd better get used to it.

The training is one of those that is either going to be pretty interesting or a total waste of time. I'm not sure which I'm hoping for. A waste of time means I'm going to leave after lunch, interesting means I get to learn something.

The problem that I have at the moment is that there is a very big project happening at work and by default I"m the one in charge on our side and I'm pretty stuck at the moment. It needs to be completed by Friday so I'm dreaming about it at night and stress levels are high. I can't really afford to take time out from work.

At the same time it is not my project - I keep reminding myself of this. Therefore I'm not responsible to find a solution, merely to implement the solution. But my Head office is a little notorious for giving us info at the last minute and I'd really rather not be working all next weekend.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. But at the end of the day - God is there and He is in control. Not a project, time-management or work.

No comments: