Today on the way to work I encountered a clueless, irresponsible, selfish driver. The speed limit was 70km/h, which I was doing. But this guy came up so close behind me that I thought I had actually better speed up so in the end I was doing about 85km/h and he was about 1 metre behind me. I got a tad bit extra annnoyed so I put my hazard lights on and he still didn't get the message. When I was able to move over, I moved over.
We got to the red traffic light and I pulled up next to him and I confess I gave him a brief hairy eyeball, which he saw.
The traffic light turned green and off we went but, strangely enough, the next car in front of him didn't feel like going 90km'h in a 70km/h zone. So he ends up hovering 1 metre (at the most) behind the dude and then creates a gap and passes on the left. Crazy.
It looked like a delivery kind of car but unfortunately there were no markings.
I was dreading the rest of the day at work as a project we are doing is not working out and it is approaching D-day, but in the end I think it is okay. I kept management informed of the status of the project and gave them the facts and told them we are commited to the project but just don't see it ending on time. But the best part is that there is so much talking and telecons and not much working... most annoying.
And potential solutions given to us are just not feasible in the long term. Sigh.
But in all honesty I feel better about the project now than I did at the beginning of the day.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment