Friday, August 24, 2007

Wonder what it will bring?

I wonder what today will bring? I'm attempting to do 11 hours of work in 8 hours today so that my work is on track. Will this happen? Maybe... but judging on how this week has been going - no it won't. Everytime I try and do some proper work, some URGENT admin issue comes up for me to sort out.

I have to talk to difficult staff, I have to resolve difficult issues, I have to know when to keep quiet and when to talk, I have to know when to firmly say "no" to my bosses, even when that isn't what they want to hear.

Sometime I feel like I'm a hamster on its exercise wheel with no means of getting off. Is work supposed to be so difficult everyday? Is that what you must expect when you get paid a salary that is higher than average? Can I not have to account for every 6 minutes of my time and be questioned when I don't have enough chargeable time because I'm sorting out admin stuff? I'm tired of being challenged :)

But it is not all doom and gloom as you may think from reading this post. I'm seeing Kirsty and Devon and Andrew tonight, Andrew and I are going furniture shopping tomorrow, going out for lunch and watching a movie :) Lots to look forward to...

No comments: