I'm finally starting to feel like I may actually finish one of my assignments in the Bible course I am doing :) I have almost finished the questions relating to Chapter 10 and there are 14 chapters. I'm quite excited as I feel like I'm learning a lot from it.
Today's question that I had to answer dealt with inerrancy and infallibility. What is the different between these?
A very simplified answer goes along the lines of:
God is infallible, which means everything he says is right. He wouldn't believe anything false, so if he says something is right, it is right. Everything he wants to communicate to us, through his Word, is therefore right and true.
The inerrancy part is that there are no errors in Scripture.
In human terms, someone could want to communicate something and what they want to communicate is correct, however they may communicate it with errors (although the orginal was correct). But with the Bible, God has the correct things to communicate and they are written in the Bible correctly.
Basically, part of this course makes you reflect on whether you believe this is true and what the implications would be if the Bible was not inerrant or infallible.
I guess I'm quite excited about what I'm learning so I wanted to share it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Those are some really good words and some good thoughts to ponder. Thanks for sharing them :)
Post a Comment