I'm having quite a bit of "fun" (note the sarcasm) at work at the moment. I'm learning how to manage difficult people/situations.
I've made a mistake or two (I guess that's why I'm an assistant manager not a manager or senior manager), people have misunderstood situations, and I've been allocated more than my share of blame, but I have learnt...
I have also shown one of my bosses that I do have a backbone and can manage difficult situations without people walking over me. I have had to deal with a couple of issues and I dealt with them in the correct manner. In turn she has shown me further strategy to manage situations.
I get to micro-manage the team now, which is not my preferred management style, but it is the style that is necessary.
On top of that, another department is wanting my help urgently because their team is floundering and battling to meet a deadline. I'm kind of hoping that it won't get approved that I help out, because I don't think I can micro-manage two important jobs at the same time. But on the other hand, I guess that's what you have to do if you want to move up the food chain...
Never let it be said that I don't learn while I'm at work...
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment