My car has some scratches and dents on it from where people have opened their car doors onto it. When I bought my car, I took out a SMART policy - which is a small motor accident repair technology policy. This enables you to repairs scratches at a minimal cost.
I had to get two quotes for insurance purposes. My dad found out reputable places for me and took my car to get a quote from one place and I took my car to the other place.
The place I went to first of all attempted to tell me that the dent and scratches are hardly noticeable and no need to repair as they won't rust.
Then the guy told me that I should wait until I have more dents and scratches before getting it repaired. Don't repair it now.
As soon as I go to a shopping centre I will get more, so no point fixing those I have.
Then the guy told me that the insurance will hardly even start to cover the cost of the repair so I shouldn't get it repaired.
Then he told me how totally complicated it is to repair and how they have to blend paint on the panels around the panel they are painting... (which is not necessary. They have the official paint and can blend it on the edges of the panel they are painting. )
So then I told him that I have spent money on the SMART policy, it is about to expire and I would like to re-cover some of the money I have spent. I have "saved" up the scratches and dents to repair all at once, and now is the time I'm going to repair it, plus I can get it much cheaper elsewhere.
Maybe I should have worn my pink shirt today and dyed my hair a bit blonder to be even more in line with the stereotype...
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment