My boyfriend and I started our visits to the orphanage again. The girl I was helping last year has moved out, so I no longer help her.
This meant I could spend some time with some of the little kids. They really appreciate anyone visiting them and are immediately friends with you. The one girl was so cute. We were reading a story and in the story it spoke about a boy and his homework, so she suddenly remembered that she hadn't done hers and was very excited that I could actually help her with it.
It was so refreshing to watch her read her book and be excited about it. She was very protective about the other kids making her books dirty and it was great seeing her take so much pride in what she was doing.
I was able to teach her her Bonds of 2 and show her how the number line worked. It was so much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment