Friday, January 26, 2007

Confusion...

I sit at work trying to figure out what is best to do...

My long term career goals would entail moving away from my current job.

The positive on changing jobs is that the pay would probably be higher and it would be more in line with my long term career goals.

The negative is that I'm currently enjoying my work, I love the people, the environment, the atmostphere, the fact that I can go out at lunch, it is close to home, it doesn't involve much overtime - so it seems rather silly to change jobs when you are content with what you have and you have no idea what you are getting yourself into.

Another thing to consider is that there may be an opportunity to work from home in the future, so that could also influence a decision.

What I have done about the confusion:
I am praying about it
I have put my CV out on a internet listing
I've looked in the Sunday Tribune career section

After putting my CV out various recruitment agencies have been in contact with me, but nothing has come up which meets my requirements.

In the last week I've been offered a chance to work in Switzerland for 6-24 months, the US or Australia for 2-3 months or Dubai...

I'm just carrying on working as if I will be at my current job for a long long time and doing everything to the best of my ability.

No comments: