I'm reading though some of the minor prophets of the Bible. I've read Joel so far - and "rend your hearts not your garments" is the verse that stood out for me.
Now I'm reading Amos...
So far what has stood out to me is that the people of God brought their sacrifices every morning, their tithes every three days, did sacrifices of thanksgiving, gave freewill offerings etc but weren't actually following God. God even sent a whole bunch of "problems" their way : droughts, locusts, plagues on the crops etc, but still they didn't get it. The women were called "Cows of Bashan" and were accused of oppressing the poor and being more concerned with getting drinks.
This made me think about whether I'm really all that different...
The prophets and the Lord really say it the way it is. Judgement day will be no different. Yet I'm too scared to just say it the way it is to the people around me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment