I just wanted to share an illustration that our Pastor gave on Sunday that explains where I think we/I often go wrong with regard to forgiveness.
His brother went to a restaurant and when he came out, he car had been bashed in from the back, but there was no note with contact details on his car or someone waiting to find out whose car it was - the person had just driven off.
Payment had to be made for the accident in order for the issue to be resolved.
It wouldn't be sufficient for the person who bashed the car to announce that he forgives himself. It wouldn't be sufficient for the restaurant owner to come into the restaurant and announce that an accident has taken place but not to worry, he forgives the person.
Payment must be made.
When we sin, payment must be made. But often I just forgive myself and move on....
Food for thought...
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment