Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Do you have any patience left?

My goodness, today could try the patience of a saint.

We had a couple of problems at work today and when 15 different areas have to report in to Head Office, and you are Head Office, your phone does not stop ringing.

So, being an accountant, if there were 3 problems per area on average, and it takes 2 phonecalls to solve each problem, you will receive 90 phonecalls.

So when you get to the 75th time that the phone rings, I challenge you to answer the phone politely and with a smile on your face.

The best was when our Head Office phoned me and wanted some information. They didn't hear any enthusiasm in my voice so they asked if I was okay!!!! ooooops!!!! I wasn't grumpy or impolite or anything, just not very excited to hear that I had to do yet another thing.

Other people were also subjected to the same number of phonecalls - I ended up laughing when I phoned them, the one guy picked up the phone, gave a big sigh and then gave the greeting!

Lessons lare being learnt the hard way, patience is being learnt daily and the learning curve is steep...

1 comment:

Joss said...

Oy! That sounds awful! You can't get anything done with the phone ringing like that. Good for you for staying relatively calm!