Monday, December 31, 2007

I'm BACK!!!

There has been a rather long blog silence from me. The simple reason is that I have changed jobs and took 3.5 weeks leave so I have been internet-less for the past few weeks. Hopefully this will change on Wednesday.

So, you probably expect me to to look back at last year and list some new year's resolutions - that would be traditional.

I guess I do in fact have a couple of New Year's resolutions. I want to have fun this year. Yip, you heard right. I want to do fun things. There are a couple I have thought of for the moment, but my resolution is that I do 6 of them by the end of the year. To help me, my diary has space for goals for each month, so in that way, I can hopefully get close to getting to my goals.

Some of the things I would like to do are: Go for a steam train ride from Kloof, go on the Karkloof Canopy Tour, go to Wyndford Holiday Farm, Go to East London/Port Elizabeth on holiday and we'll have to see about the rest.

I would also like to actually finish an assignment or two of my Bible College studies - seeing in 2007 I managed to not even complete 1 of my 6 assignments! - This is quite a new thing for me :)

Another thing, I'd like to get to the end of 2008 and be able to say that I'm excited to be a child of God. Difficult to measure, but a simple question of :"Are you excited for God?" should be a good enough measure.

I would also like to go to gym and exercise more regularly and go to the 6am prayer meeting and have people over for supper at least once a month.

Oh and did I mention that my job often means I get to work overtime?

So, do you think it is likely that I will achieve all these goals? Probably not. But as they say, if you reach for the stars, you may not reach the stars but you may reach the sky.

I've put these goals into my diary and hopefully one month at a time I'll get a little closer to these - or at least have fun trying!

All the best for 2008

No comments: