Sunday, November 25, 2007

Living God

Today I was rather challenged. I received an e-mail from someone I hadn’t chatted to in 1.5 years. In that time she has been walking so much closer to the Lord. She is 34 and still not married and it is her dearest wish that she gets married and has children. However, she feels that God has told her that for the moment he has other things that he wants her to do and she has never been happier doing these things.

Today we had a missionary preach at church and it was amazing. He said that so often we “believe” that God is the same yesterday, today and forever but somehow don’t expect him to do the same miracles as he did in the past. Yet in the missionary’s life God has done miracle after miracle after miracle. Wow. This is clearly a living God. After hearing the missionary I wanted to have what he had. Maybe it hit home a little more to me because the missionary was a qualified Chartered Accountant.

Between all these things I’ve been reminded that I’m missing something. My busyness is causing me to miss a proper time with God. I need to talk to God.

One of the things that the missionary said was that at one stage the people in the village were dying and the villagers were wondering if the missionary was bring the evil. So the missionary talked to God and said to God that he didn’t know how they were going to reach the people if they died before hearing the gospel - so from that day no one died for the next 5 years!!!!! Until they had heard the gospel. AWESOME!!! This is the living God.

No comments: