Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Does it ever end?

There is so much work to do at work before year end, which is 31 March. !6th April is our actual reporting date. I already feel like I'm drowning in work and it is only 13 February. Does that mean that I'm insanely busy until then and then things calm down, or does it mean that after that there will be the next goal to keep me insanely busy?

I don't mind coming to work and working hard from 7.30am to 4pm, but I would like to be able to go home at 4pm and have a life outside of work. Am I starting to get into the "work is life" rut or is it just a phase I'm going through.

I love the challenge, but I also get frustrated with some of the challenges. The greatest challenge for me is still the phone though and the number of e-mails. I'll easily get 50 work related e-mails in a day. I currently have 45 e-mails that require action from me prior to 25 February, as well as my normal work to be done.

I feel tired. I'm getting back up next week, but back up always takes some time to come up to speed, so that is going to be limited relief for me to start off with.

I've got little things that I'm looking forward to though - like this weekend I'm going camping with some friends, and then there's the church getaway in March and then the big thing I'm looking forward to - Wyndford, after our year end reporting. A time to re-charge and recover from all the late nights that I'll have :)

No comments: