As I'm typing this, I'm sipping some Med-Lemon for breakfast... I have indeed fallen victim to the dreaded "cold". Even the vitamins, after bravely fighting for many weeks, could no longer hold off the cold symptoms.
So now I have to stay at home, doing what I want, when I want, eating what I want, when I want, drinking what I want, when I want, with no annoying people around to, well, annoy me... What a tough life!!!!!
But truth be told, although I'm glad my work commitments allowed me to take a day of sick leave, cos I'm feeling miserable, it would have been really interesting being at work today. All the financial managers get together every 2 months and discuss the business and the challenges and share information etc. and I really enjoyed being part of it yesterday. I just sat there and soaked up all the information and enjoyed meeting some of the Financial Managers that I didn't really know. It just excites me to see the bigger picture and how things are all linking together in the bigger South African Economic picture. It is interesting to see that a maize strike in Argentina has the potential to reduce the bonus that I can earn, as it results in lower revenue for us. It is fascinating.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope you had a good weekend & are feeling better Debs. Have a good week.love you Barbara
Post a Comment