Friday, October 26, 2007

That's disgusting!

Ever since I moved into my flat the bath water has taken a while to drain out of the bath, especially when there is just a little bit of water left. So I got some drain cleaner , poured it down and it was basically like pouring money down the drain – there was little or no change.

So I got a little braver and got drain cleaning crystals and threw those down the drain. They sizzled and steamed and made a slight difference and then that was that. All fizzle and flair and no results.

So I got the drain plunger from my parents and used that on the bath. Imagine my surprise when stuff came up the drain hole instead of down! So I leaned over slightly to inspect the “stuff” only to be assailed by a smell that I will describe as the sewerage smell. UUUGGGGHHHH. I ran out the bathroom gagging, only to realize that if I was going to be sick it is usually appropriate to be sick in the bathroom – catch 22, so I decided it wasn’t really practical to be sick :)

I then took a look at the piping of the bathroom, only to discover that the toilet and bath do indeed share the same piping, so indeed it very likely was what I thought it was – stinky poo!!!

Ugggghhhh….. But it did in fact provide some laughs… in a disgusting sort of way....

2 comments:

Andrew said...

EW! I wondered what that smell was...

Joss said...

Oooooh lovely! Glad you survived it. We had a clogged bathtub drain too when we moved in to our place, but I put on some gloves and scooped hair out of it. Gross but not nearly as smelly as your incident.