Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Halfway Human

Okay, so maybe I'm a little more than halfway human, but I certainly do feel a lot better after my time away.

A week off, enjoying farm food, fresh air, exercise, good company and time to myself really did wonders. I highly recommend it.

On arrival at work I only had 52 e-mails waiting for me and only 4 of which needed actions - wow! Now that was amazing. At month end I easily get 50 e-mail in one day, all of which are actionable.

Work in the office was hectic for the Finance Team, but they coped admirably. I'm still at work at 6.15pm on my first day back, which isn't great, but it could be worse.

Yesterday was the only public holiday that I'm likely to not have to work on, as I'm probably going to be working on Thurs and Fri and to be honest it was rather disappointing. However, it was not wasted as I got some of my little tasks done, went to gym, did a bit of shopping and enjoyed a wonderful laugh at my parents place. Nothing like five adults and one dog playing the card game "Happy Families" and "Old Maid" - when last did you play those games?!

The funniest was when I couldn’t keep a straight face when I handed the “Old Maid” card to my mom and broke into hysterical laughter.

I’m normally pretty good in the kitchen, but last night I managed to break a glass and a plate in two separate incidences. A pity, as the plate was part of a set - the glass is easily replaceable. Even worse, there was no one to blame but me!!! And double worse, my chicken was on the plate at the time and ended up with plate stuck in it so I couldn’t eat it.

But on the positive side, it was a pleasure not being at work, I highly recommend it and having a bit of space to breath helps put a bit of perspective back in life.

No comments: